Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California, United States

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Pathogen week #4

The final week of Pathogen was grueling, yes, but not as bad as it had seemed it would be, from all of Sharif's warnings.

We finished up our final location, at the hostel, where we shot Angela and Willard's bedroom, Sharon and Harold's bedroom, all the hallways, and this past week, the kitchen, laundry, and "front door" (in the basement).

I thoroughly enjoyed my last 2 days of shooting. Tuesday in the kitchen was a long night, and Patrick, Jay, and I shot the proposal scene at the very end of the night. By that point, everyone was punchy, but somehow we managed to get it done amidst the giggles. We were also commenting on how strange it was to be shooting scenes with other actors that night. I think that added to the punchiness. But we did it, and we got some great production photos, as well.

Thursday was our final day of shooting. Luckily, none of the shots were too difficult, because wrap day always poses its own unique challenges. The people involved are excited to be at the end of the project and want to celebrate. And there are always more people on set, people who want to witness the miracle of movie magic, and help us celebrate the birth of a cinematic masterpiece. :)

What a great day, though... I loved the last location. The basement is pretty cool looking, and we got a great shot of me coming down stairs, and this amazing circular dolly shot in this really gritty room with lots of wiring. And we shot what I think may have been my favorite scene to perform from the movie- the one where my mom finds me trying to open the door and we have a fight. It wasn't very long, but Sharif's writing style is so concise that I think it may have been my longest dialogue. Plus, I got to yell and release some anger, and that was fun. :) I could have done take after take of it, and in fact, I even asked if we needed to do it again. Someone (Tasha, maybe) said "You can always tell when Larissa likes a scene. We'll be ready to move on and she'll ask if we're sure we don't need to do it again." Well, yeah, sometimes I feel like I could give more to my performance, so I ask Sharif if there is anything at all different he's looking for. Plus, once you perform it and move on, you never need to revisit that scene again. For the scenes you really like, it can be sad because you want to perform them again, yet those are often the ones that you're the best at and nail in one take. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home